Posted by Carolyn Martin on March 10th, 2020
Posted in: Health Information, Websites
consumer health resources, Food literacy, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, nutrition
MyPlate Kitchen features are designed to encourage key behaviors emphasized in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and include the following:
- Detailed nutrition analysis provided on recipes to help consumers choose recipes that meet nutrition goals
- Comprehensive search filters such as program area, equipment, cuisine as well as nutrition-related messages to help users find recipes according to personal interest
- Cost ranges for recipes as available
- A personal cookbook builder as well as ready-made cookbooks
- User-friendly options such as star ratings and sharing on social media
MyPlate Kitchen, formerly What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl, provides recipes and resources to support building healthy and budget-friendly meals. MyPlate Kitchen includes recipes from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) programs including the Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
ABOUT Carolyn Martin
Carolyn Martin is the Consumer Health Coordinator for the NNLM Pacific Northwest Region. She works with various libraries and community organizations to increase health literacy in their communities.
Visit author's website
View all posts by Carolyn Martin