Upcoming Funding Opportunities – Get Ready for Spring!
Posted by Elizabeth Kiscaden on January 29th, 2018
Posted in: Blog
The GMR funded a number of health information projects this year, awarding over $450,000 to public libraries, academic institutions, public health agencies, health sciences library organizations, and community health organizations across the ten-state region. While our funding is exhausted for this year, it’s time to start thinking about applying for our next funding cycle! Using feedback from our advisory groups, our office is making changes to our awards coming out in the spring. These changes include:
- A new funding level of $20,001 – $50,000 for large health information outreach projects, with a deadline for applications of April 1, 2018 for these projects. We are able to fund up to three projects at this level, and will evaluate applications following the April 1, 2018 deadline.
- Opening up eligibility of Professional Development awards to include more members in our region; previously, this was restricted to health sciences librarians.
- Offering more Professional Development awards in anticipation of more applications! The awards will be offered quarterly with an application deadline for each quarter to maintain funding throughout the year.
- Consolidation to fewer types of awards, namely Health Information Outreach, Research Data, and Professional Development awards.
We’ll be updating our funding opportunities page with applications and detailed information as soon as these are approved by our sponsoring agency. For now, here are some dates to keep in mind as you plan your projects:
- Deadline for $20,001 – $50,000 funding category is April 1, 2018
- Professional Development Award deadlines: May, August, November & February
- Applications for all other awards will be accepted beginning April 1, 2018, and will be made on an ongoing basis until funds are spent.
If you have a project in mind and would like to consult with staff at the GMR office, please contact us at email@example.com.
ABOUT Elizabeth Kiscaden
Elizabeth Kiscaden has been a health sciences librarian for over a decade, working in both hospital and academic libraries. Originally from Minnesota, Liz now lives in Iowa City with her mixed-breed hound, named Tammy. She enjoys old martial arts movies, roadside historic markers, prairie plants, and afternoon naps.
View all posts by Elizabeth Kiscaden