MLA Rising Stars
Posted by Hannah Sinemus on October 18th, 2016
Posted in: Education, Employment, Funding
The MLA Rising Star program has been developed to give members the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, and personal characteristics needed to become a leader in MLA.
- must be a MLA member throughout the duration of the program
- must have attended at least one national MLA annual meeting
- must have demonstrated interest and commitment to professional service through participation in activities or conferences related to medical librarianship
Applications are due no later than November 1. Also included in the application:
- A brief (one page) personal statement describing the applicant’s background, previous professional service, goals for MLA involvement, how she/he would benefit from the program, and potentially contribute to the group’s learning;
- A current curriculum vitae or resume;
- A letter of support from the applicant’s library director indicating support for time to participate in all aspects of the program and attendance at the annual meetings (funding is available to attend one day of the MLA Board meeting in Seattle).
Visit MLAnet for more details and application instructions.
ABOUT Hannah Sinemus
Hannah Sinemus is the Web Experience Coordinator for the Middle Atlantic Region (MAR). Although she updates the MAR web pages, blog, newsletter and social media, Hannah is not the sole author of this content. If you have questions about a MARquee or MAReport posting, please contact the Middle Atlantic Region directly at email@example.com.
View all posts by Hannah Sinemus