Upcoming HHS Live Event Webcast
Posted by Hannah Sinemus on October 23rd, 2017
Posted in: Health Professionals, Outreach
Watch the live webcast of Hidden Casualties:The Consequences of the Opioid Epidemic on the Spread of Infectious Disease on October 23, from 10:00-11:30 am ET at https://www.hhs.gov/LIVE. This presentation will provide an overview on how the opioid epidemic has led to increases in opioid use disorders, injection drug use, overdose deaths, and infectious diseases.
- Don Wright, MD, MPH, Acting Assistant Secretary for Health
- Rear Adm. Jonathan Mermin, MD, MPH, Director, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Vice Adm. Jerome Adams, MD, MPH, Surgeon General
- Richard Wolitski, PhD, Director, Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy
- Capt. Christopher M. Jones, PharmD, MPH, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Science and Data Policy, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
- Vanila Singh, MD, MACM, Chief Medical Officer, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
ABOUT Hannah Sinemus
Hannah Sinemus is the Web Experience Coordinator for the Middle Atlantic Region (MAR). Although she updates the MAR web pages, blog, newsletter and social media, Hannah is not the sole author of this content. If you have questions about a MARquee or MAReport posting, please contact the Middle Atlantic Region directly at email@example.com.
View all posts by Hannah Sinemus