Health Information in American Sign Language & More
Posted by Hannah Sinemus on November 13th, 2017
Posted in: Consumer Health, Education, Health Professionals, K-12, Outreach
The Multi-Cultural Resources for Health Information page from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) offers reliable links to help health professionals learn how to serve culturally diverse populations. The page covers topics like:
- Cultural competency
- Health literacy
- Limited English proficiency
- Data related to minority health and health disparities
- Funding opportunities related to minority health and health disparities
- Law, policy, and standards related to multicultural health
- Health resources in multiple languages
New sections and resources were recently added to the Multi-Cultural Resources for Health Information page, including:
- Addiction and Substance Use Disorder Resources (under Health Resources in Multiple Languages) – Multilingual consumer health information related to addiction and substance use disorders.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Resources (under Health Resources in Multiple Languages) – Find videos in American Sign Language (ASL) providing reliable health information.
- Searches in OMHRC Catalog and PubMed – Find search results on topics like health literacy and cultural competency from HHS Office of Minority Health Resource Center (OMHRC) Catalog (a database of publications related to minority health) and PubMed (a database of biomedical literature citations from the National Library of Medicine).
ABOUT Hannah Sinemus
Hannah Sinemus is the Technology Liaison for the Middle Atlantic Region (MAR). Although she updates the MAR web pages, blog, newsletter and social media, Hannah is not the sole author of this content. If you have questions about a MARquee or MAReport posting, please contact the Middle Atlantic Region directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all posts by Hannah Sinemus