Opioid Misuse and Addiction Resources in Multiple Languages
Posted by Hannah Sinemus on May 14th, 2018
Posted in: Consumer Health, Health Professionals, Public Health
In response to the current opioid crisis, the National Library of Medicine partnered with Healthy Roads Media to produce a collection of materials that teach people about opioids and opioid misuse. The collection of Opioid Misuse and Addiction Resources has 22 easy-to-read handouts, videos, and audio recordings in English and Spanish.
- Prescription opioid medicines
- Opioid pain medication management
- What you should know if your child is prescribed opioids for pain
- Getting rid of unused opioids
- What is drug addiction?
- Why do people take drugs?
- Opioids and the brain
- Why do some people become addicted to drugs, while others do not?
- The effects of opioid misuse on the body
- Prescription opioids and illegal opioids – What is the connection?
- Comorbidity or dual diagnosis
- Pregnancy and opioids
- Drug abuse and adolescents
- Stigma and opioids
- Treatment basics
- Medications and behavioral therapies
- Drug abuse treatment as part of healthcare
- Preventing overdoses and overdose deaths
HealthReach offers easy access to free, quality, multilingual, multicultural health information for those working with or providing care to individuals with limited English proficiency (LEP). You can find culturally relevant information in multiple languages and formats about health conditions and wellness topics; print or download documents, view illustrations, listen to audio and watch videos.
HealthReach is also easy to use on tablets and mobile devices. Locate resources at point of need, everywhere with streamlined search features and results pages. All content is created or reviewed by medical professionals for quality and accuracy. Detailed abstracts, date of most recent medical review, and translation methods are provided for every resource.
ABOUT Hannah Sinemus
Hannah Sinemus is the Technology Liaison for the Middle Atlantic Region (MAR). Although she updates the MAR web pages, blog, newsletter and social media, Hannah is not the sole author of this content. If you have questions about a MARquee or MAReport posting, please contact the Middle Atlantic Region directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all posts by Hannah Sinemus