Upcoming Training for Health Sciences Library Staff
Posted by Kate Flewelling on September 12th, 2018
Posted in: Data Science, Education
Did you know that you can get free training from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine right from your desktop? Nearly every day, there is a new webinar from NNLM or the National Library of Medicine. Other classes are available through Moodle. Since webinars are available nationally, make sure to take note of time zones. Some upcoming classes that may be of interest to health sciences library staff include:
- Clinical Information, Librarians and the NLM: From Health Data Standards to Better Health – This interactive webinar series focuses on the roles and products of the National Library of Medicine related to applied medical informatics, particularly as applied to electronic health records systems and clinical research. Sessions are held weekly on Thursdays through October 4, from 12:00-12:40 PM ET.
- PubMed for Librarians – PubMed for Librarians is made up of six 90-minute segments. These six segments will be presented via WebEx and recorded for archival access. Each segment is meant to be a stand-alone module designed for each user to determine how many and in what sequence they attend. Register for the next live session (part 4) coming up on September 19 from 2:00-3:30 PM ET, or watch a recording.
- Accessible Library Customer Service – September 19, 1:00-2:00 PM ET – Gain knowledge and tools to provide accessible customer service in your library by joining us for this one-hour webinar! This presentation will give an overview of disability including appropriate terminology, creating an accessible environment, and evaluating current practices for way-finding, emergency preparedness, and web resources. Other topics include budgeting for accessibility, accessible employment, specific service needs, potential partner organizations, and a plethora of tips and resources for future use.
- ClinicalTrials.gov – September 26, 3:00-4:00 PM ET – This presentation will help you learn how to navigate the site and understand the nuances and limitations of information available on ClinicalTrials.gov.
- NNLM Research Data Management Webinar Series – The NNLM Research Data Management (RDM) webinar series is a collaborative, bimonthly series intended to increase awareness of RDM topics and resources. The series aims to support RDM within the library to better serve librarians and their institutional communities. The next webinar in this series, Planning, Developing, and Evaluating R Curriculum at the NIH Library, is coming up on October 12 from 2:00-3:00 PM ET.
- LinkOut for Libraries – November 1, 2:00-3:00 PM ET – LinkOut for Libraries provides journal access to PubMed users. Join us for an informational webinar to learn more about this service from the National Library of Medicine. Erin Latta, from the National DOCLINE Coordination Office, will lead this webinar.
In addition to scheduled courses, NNLM has a number of “on-demand” self-paced classes via Moodle, such as:
Most webinars are recorded, so you are encouraged to register for a session of interest, even if you cannot make the live webinar. To register for classes, you just need to create an account.
You can find additional opportunities on our training schedule.
The best way to find out about upcoming trainings, NLM updates and other information from the Network is to subscribe to MAR Weekly Postings, which come out on Fridays.
ABOUT Kate Flewelling
View all posts by Kate Flewelling