Clinical eCompanion will be retired on November 12, 2020
Posted by Tessa Zindren on November 3rd, 2020
Posted in: Health Professionals
Clinical eCompanion was developed by librarians at the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library System, with funding from the Network of the National Library of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region (NNLM MAR). The project development team conducted research to explore the feasibility, usability and validity of the point-of-care information tool for use by primary care providers in answering real-time clinical questions. Participants found Clinical eCompanion to be current, relevant and complete. The project team presented the results of their work at Mosaic ’16, the joint meeting of the Medical Library Association (MLA), the Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliotheques de la sante du Canada (CHLA/ABSC), and the International Clinical Librarians Conference (ICLC); 2016 May 13-18; Toronto ON: Wessel CB, Dahm JJ, LaDue J. Clinical eCompanion: development of a point-of-care information tool.
Clinical eCompanion was jointly managed by NNLM MAR and the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library System. Due to lack of use and consolidation/retirement of resources, we have decided that the time has come to sunset Clinical eCompanion. The resource will no longer be available after November 12, 2020 and we’ve placed an informational banner on the homepage alerting users to its upcoming retirement.
Resources linked in Clinical eCompanion that are still available at their own URLs include:
- DailyMed – U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Dietary Supplement Label Database (DSLD) – Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Drug Interaction Checker – Medscape. WebMD LLC.
- Medlineplus – U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) and National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- ARUP Consult: the Physicians Guide to Laboratory Test Selection and Interpretation – ARUP Laboratories.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention A-Z index and MMWR – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- Effective Health Care Program Research Summaries, Reviews, and Reports – AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- NHS Evidence Search – National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), National Health Service (NHS), United Kingdom
- PubMed – National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- Radiopaedia.org – Radiopaedia.org
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) – AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- USPSTF AHRQ ePSS – AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT Tessa Zindren
View all posts by Tessa Zindren