Updated Version of NLM HIV/AIDS Information Resources Workbook
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) released an updated English version of the workbook, HIV/AIDS Information Resources from the National Library of Medicine. The workbook includes information and practice exercises to assist in using NLM’s HIV/AIDS databases and related resources.
The workbook is a companion to the HIV/AIDS Information Resources from NLM: E-learning Training, a self-paced course with training material that helps participants become familiar with searching for HIV/AIDS information from NLM and other trusted and reliable resources. The workbook is also used by health educators as a stand-alone tool to prepare training on the HIV/AIDS resources. Upon completion of the E-learning training, continuing education credits are available for health professionals, the public health workforce, and librarians
These resources are included in the workbook, with search exercises and suggested solutions available for hands-on practice:
- AIDSource, a portal linking to various resources from NLM, NIH, and other organizations. A comprehensive Spanish version is also available. https://aids.nlm.nih.gov/
- AIDSinfo®, a service that offers health care professionals and consumers access to the latest, federally approved HIV/AIDS medical practice guidelines, clinical trials, and other research information. https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/
- infoSIDA is the Spanish-language counterpart to AIDSinfo. https://infosida.nih.gov/
- Clinicaltrials.gov—regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research for a wide range of diseases and conditions, including locations and phone numbers for more details. https://clinicaltrials.gov/
- MedlinePlus® — a consumer health information resource that includes full-text documents on medical topics, drugs, a medical encyclopedia, medical dictionaries, and directories of libraries, hospitals, and health care professionals. https://medlineplus.gov/
- PubMed® — access to references for articles published in journals in the fields of medicine and the life sciences. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- Public Health Partners — a collaboration of US government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet. https://www.phpartners.org/ph_public/
An updated Spanish version of the HIV/AIDS Information Resources from the National Library of Medicine manual will be available soon. Stay tuned for additional information.