Closing During the Holidays?
Posted by Erin Latta on December 18th, 2018
Posted in: News
DOCLINE Temporary Deactivation Instructions
To prevent requests from routing to your library while it is closed, set ‘Out of Office’ dates in Legacy DOCLINE only, not in DOCLINE 6.0.
How do I set my Library “Out of Office” in Legacy DOCLINE?
When there is no staff available to fill lend requests, due to vacations or similar outages, libraries can set themselves “Out of Office” in DOCLINE, which makes them “Temporarily Inactive” for lending, and prevents requests from routing to them.
To set your library “Temporarily Inactive“, follow these steps:
- Select Institutions from the DOCLINE main menu.
- Select Update <LIBID> (your Library Identifier) (link is external).
- Select Schedule on the institution navigation bar.
- Under “Enter date range(s) when library will be closed” type or use the calendar to input the date when requests should stop routing to your library (MM-DD-YYYY format).
- Enter the date when requests should resume routing to your library.
- Click SAVE.
- At the end of the last active day, please receipt any new requests and update all pending requests as ‘Not Filled’ so they will immediately route on to the next potential lender.
- For libraries that provide Loansome Doc service, patrons can still place Loansome Doc requests while the library is inactive although patrons are warned that their requests may not be acted upon until the resume date.
Get news about upcoming DOCLINE releases in your inbox.