MLA to Launch a New EFTS System
Posted by Erin Latta on February 6th, 2020
Posted in: News
Have You Heard the Good News?
MLA will proceed with development and implementation of a new electronic fund transfer system (EFTS) for interlibrary fund transfers.
- Participating libraries can exchange funds to pay for interlibrary loans (ILLs).
- US and non-US-libraries in good standing, with an active DOCLINE account and associated DOCLINE identification (LIBID), can sign up.
- There is NO requirement to be an MLA member and NO requirement to be a current EFTS library.
You are in control!
- Automated notices: Participating libraries receive notices for payment automatically. No more calling; no more faxing credit card information.
- Account security: You can securely handle transactions. Use credit cards or check. Use whatever works best for you.
- Flexible account configuration: You load funds into your library’s EFTS Wallet by check, credit card, or eTransfer. ILL transactions are automatically deducted.
- Useful dashboard, reporting, and notifications.
Thank you to the 750+ libraries who have expressed their interest in the new EFTS system.