If your Borrow Requests are taking longer to fill…
These suggestions for placing and routing requests will help increase DOCLINE routing efficiency and speed request fulfillment.
1. When placing a Borrow Request, use DOCLINE’s “Fill from Format”
(1) Fill from Format can be selected in the Request Information panel of each request (set by default to Any format).
(2) When appropriate, choosing E-Journal format will maximize the chance your request goes only to lenders with e-journal holdings from which to fill your request.
2. Set up a designated Routing cell for “Print Resources Available” Libraries
(1) Use Library Search to find these libraries and review lending policies and performance.
(2) Under Borrow Information in your Library Profile, update an Automated Routing Table Cell to add libraries that indicate Print Resources Available. Edit your Journal Routing defaults to deselect the chosen cell.*
When requesting older articles, book chapters, or requests retired unfilled via E-Journal routing, deselect all other routing cells, and choose your designated Print Resources Available cell.
*NOTE: DO NOT enable Print Resources Routing for all requests.