Break It Down: 5 Benefits of Chunked Learning
Posted by Rebecca Brown on April 28th, 2014
Posted in: Instructional Design, Training Tips
Bite-sized learning, coffee-break webinar, lunch and learn, chunked learning. Whatever you call it, many people want their training options short (chunks) and on demand. Here are 5 thoughts on how smaller can be better.
- Fights boredom. No frills, to the point.
- Promotes a sense of accomplishment.
- Our energy comes and goes throughout the day. Our interests come and go throughout the day. Providing to-the-point training opportunities allows an individual to fit training into their inner productivity clock.
- Bite-size chunks of information are easier to process and transfer to long term memory.
- Makes the learner feel that their time constraints are understood and respected.
ABOUT Rebecca Brown
View all posts by Rebecca Brown