Claiming MLA (Medical Library Association) CE credit
Posted by Carolyn Martin on July 12th, 2017
Posted in: News From NNLM PNR, Training & Education
Change is always happening and MLA is no different. Those of you who have been taking our NNLM courses or webinars for MLA CE credit may have noticed a change in obtaining CE credit.
MEDLIB-ED is now MLA’s new learning platform for health information professionals. Here you can go for MLA webinars, trainings, and online classes and more all in one location. Also, if you wish to be an instructor and submit your own class for CE credit, this is where to go.
Here is how to claim MLA CE credit whether you are attending a NNLM webinar or class:
- At the end of a webinar or class, a URL to the class evaluation will be shared with attendees.
- After you complete the evaluation, you will be asked if you want CE credit.
- If you say Yes, an enrollment code will display on the page along with a direct link to MEDLIB-ED, the Medical Library Association’s (MLA) clearinghouse for CE classes and credit.
- Follow the link to MEDLIB-ED, log in (or register if this is your first time).
- Complete instructions are below.
- You don’t have to be a member of MLA to create an account and claim credit
- Instructions are also available with screen shots at the bottom of our webinars webpage.
- Click here to go to MEDLIB-ED
- Click on the Log In/Register link in the top right corner.
- If you have an MLANET account, please login and proceed to step 9. If you forgot your password, please click the link to reset it. Follow the instructions, then login and proceed to step 9. If you do not have an MLANET account please click “Obtain a free username and password.”
- Complete the required fields and any optional fields you would like to share.
- Only Email, First Name and Last Name are required. **Note: At the bottom of this registration screen is the communications section. If you do not want to receive communication from MLA you need to “opt out”. This will not affect any communication you received from NNLM or NLM.
- After choosing your communication preferences on this page, click OK to continue.
- The next screen has information about categories of MLA memberships and pricing. To continue creating your free account, please disregard this information and click OK to proceed.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your MLANET account including your new password. Clicking the link in the confirmation email will trigger a Change Temporary Password process. Complete this password process.
- Now that you are logged into MLA’S website, locate MEDLIB-ED in the top right corner.
- Click My Learning
- If this is a one-time class that is not part of a series, enter the code you obtained after completing the evaluation into the box.
- If the class is part of a series or a regularly occurring webinar, and you have previously used the enrollment code from another session you attended, locate the class for which you are trying to claim credit under enrollments. Click on the title of the class. Then click on the Attestation for the class instance for which you are claiming credit.
- If the code is accepted, this is the screen you will see a Success message box. IMPORTANT: After you close the Success message box, refresh your browser page and the class matching the code you just redeemed will appear in your list of classes (Sort by Newest and class will appear on top).
- Once the class appears in your list, click on the name of the class.
- You must “attest” that you took the class to claim your CE credit.
- On the next screen you will see the unlocked Claim Credit link that you can click on to access your CE certificate.
- You may now claim and print your certificate.
All MLA CE classes for which you redeem codes, both series and standalone classes, will be listed in your My Learning section.
Questions? Contact MELIB-ED