Announcing the NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellows Program Class of 2017-2018!
Posted by Alan Carr on September 14th, 2017
Posted in: General, Training
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) and the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) have announced the five members of the 2017-2018 class of the NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellows Program. The jointly sponsored program matches fellows and mentors in a one year leadership development program. Since the program began in 2002, 49% of fellow graduates have assumed director positions.
The NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellows Program prepares emerging leaders for director positions in academic health sciences libraries. The program provides a combination of in-person and virtual learning experiences for fellows and offers the opportunity to work collaboratively with the cohort of participants. Fellows are paired with mentors who are academic health sciences library directors. Mentors work closely with their fellows throughout the year, and host their fellow’s visit to their library. The candidate pool for fellows and demand for the program remain strong. Selection is competitive and recognition of a substantial record of leadership accomplishment and potential for a director position. The cohort fellows and their mentors will begin their work together at the November AAHSL meeting in Boston.
- Amy Allison, MLS, Associate Director, Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Mentor: Cynthia Robinson, MA, AHIP, Associate Dean for Library and Information Services, Director, Harrell Health Sciences Library: Research & Learning Commons, Penn State Health, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Robin Champieux, MLIS, Research Engagement and Open Science Librarian, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
Mentor: Janice Jaguszewski, MSLIS, Associate University Librarian and Director, Health Sciences Libraries, University of Minnesota, Bio-Medical Library, Minneapolis, MN
- Deidre (Dede) Rios, MS, PhD, Director of Optometric & Clinical Library Services, University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX
Mentor: Brenda L. Seago, MLS, MA, PhD, Professor and Director of Libraries, Augusta University, Augusta, GA
- Linda Van Keuren, MLS, AHIP, Senior Associate Director for Resources & Access Management, Dahlgren Memorial Library, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
Mentor: Barbara Bernoff Cavanaugh, Associate Director, STEM Libraries; and Director, Biomedical Library, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Philip Walker, MLIS, MSHI, Interim Director, Annette & Irwin Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
Mentor: Teresa L. Knott, MLS, MPA, AHIP, Associate University Librarian, Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries, and Director, Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences
ABOUT Alan Carr
Alan Carr is the Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, based at UCLA.
View all posts by Alan Carr