Register for 2020 MeSH Classes Coming in January!
Posted by Alan Carr on December 2nd, 2019
Posted in: Announcements, NLM Products, PubMed, Training
Join the National Library of Medicine and NNLM Training Office for two training events in January 2020, highlighting the 2020 Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and how to adjust to MeSH changes in PubMed searches and alerts.
- NLM Webinar: 2020 MeSH Highlights
Join NLM staff for a highlight tour of the 2020 Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) on Friday, January 10, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PST. A brief presentation will feature:
- Updates to the Infections tree
- Additional clinical trial publication types
- Updates to Cell Death terms
- Additional terminology for myotoxicity and ototoxicity.
Following the presentation, Indexing and MeSH experts will be available to answer questions.
- NNLM Class: MeSH Changes and PubMed Searching
Every year, the Medical Subject Headings are updated. Join NNLM for MeSH Changes and PubMed Searching on Friday, January 17, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM PST to learn:
- How does this affect your PubMed searches?
- What happens when a term gets changed, or added, or removed; or moved to a different part of the MeSH hierarchy?
- How do you accommodate vocabulary changes over time in your comprehensive searches?
- How do you check your saved searches and alerts?
For more information about 2020 MeSH, visit What’s New in MeSH.
ABOUT Alan Carr
Alan Carr is the Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, based at UCLA.
View all posts by Alan Carr