2018 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects Solicitation Announced!
Posted by Alan Carr on June 18th, 2018
Posted in: Announcements, Funding, Public Health
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) has announced the solicitation of proposals for 2018 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects, from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers. Awards are offered for up to $50,000. Quotations are due to NLM by July 10! The solicitation for projects is posted on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site.
Projects must involve two or more of the following information access categories: information retrieval; skills development, resource development and dissemination; PrEP navigator resource development and dissemination; and/or equipment acquisition. Emphasis will be placed upon small businesses and the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these projects:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community. This encompasses both individual groups wishing to enhance their own services, as well as several cooperating for the purpose of this project;
- Public libraries wishing to serve communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve the public health in the area of HIV/AIDS-related services;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community; and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project. At least one of the organizations managing the project must be a community-based organization, library, or department of public health.
The NLM primary point of contact for the solicitation is Markita Simmonds, Contract Specialist, and the secondary point of contact is Robin Hope, Contracting Officer.
ABOUT Alan Carr
Alan Carr is the Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, based at UCLA.
View all posts by Alan Carr