Free NTO Webinar–“Teaching Topics: Open and Close with Impact”
Posted by Alan Carr on July 11th, 2016
Posted in: Communications Tools, Education & Training
Registration is available for a one-hour webinar featuring Training Development Specialists with the NN/LM Training Office (NTO), to learn ways to incorporate opening and closing activities that will enhance learning and evoke critical thinking. One hour of MLA CE credit is available for attending this session. The webinar will be offered twice. The dates are: August 25th and September 22nd at 12:00-1:00 PM PDT.
These questions will be addressed during the webinar:
- Why should we craft how we begin and end a class?
- What’s the difference between an ice-breaker and an opener?
- What are some ideas for openers I can put into place?
- What are some content-related activities I can incorporate into the last class or last minutes of class?
- How can I support critical thinking until the very end?
- How can I get feedback about course content without using a traditional evaluation tool?
ABOUT Alan Carr
Alan Carr is the Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, based at UCLA.
View all posts by Alan Carr