Michael E. DeBakey Library Services Outreach Award Nominations Due June 1!
Posted by Alan Carr on February 26th, 2015
Posted in: Announcements, Education & Training, General
The Friends of the National Library of Medicine is seeking nominations for this year’s Michael E. DeBakey Library Services Outreach Award.
- Nominees must be currently employed as a health sciences librarian and have worked in such a position for at least five years immediately preceding the award.
- Nominations may be made for contributions by the librarian as demonstrated by excellence and achievement in leadership, publications, teaching, research, special projects, or any combination of these.
- Nomination must be made in writing and include the following information:
- Official nomination form
- Five page description of the nominee’s achievements
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Additional information (no more than 5 pages double-spaced) that would assist the jury in the evaluation of the nomination and selection of the recipient
- Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
- Nominations must be received by June 1, and can be submitted via mail, email or fax.
ABOUT Alan Carr
Alan Carr is the Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, based at UCLA.
View all posts by Alan Carr