WebJunction Seeks Stories to Share for “Health Happens in Libraries” Project!
Posted by Alan Carr on October 24th, 2013
Posted in: Affordable Care Act, Announcements, Consumer Health, Non-NLM Resources
WebJunction has announced an updated Health Happens in Libraries area of their website. Please visit the project page and spread the word about the updated Resources section, where you will find:
- Resources produced as part of WebJunction’s work to support libraries in their efforts to provide eHealth services to their communities
- Official Affordable Care Act (ACA) resources for all states
- Examples of resources created by libraries to respond to patron ACA and eHealth inquiries
Health information support happens in libraries every day, and you are encouraged to submit stories or perspectives to share your library’s role in supporting community health and wellness by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are a few questions to address:
- What programs or resources does your library provide to support health and wellness in your community? How do patrons and/or community partners benefit from these services?
- In what ways has your library been involved in supporting patrons with ACA application and enrollment activities? What are you learning from responding to this new information need?
Share your experiences with colleagues in the field!
ABOUT Alan Carr
Alan Carr is the Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, based at UCLA.
View all posts by Alan Carr