All of Us
Posted by nnlmscr on May 17th, 2018
Posted in: All of Us, Blog, Data, NIH, Precision Medicine, Public Health, Research
“All of Us Participants” via allofus.nih.gov, April 2018, Public Domain.
Over the past couple of weeks, you may have hear about a new research program that the NIH has launched. All of Us endeavors to enroll 1 million or more adults to participate in a research study. Data from this study will be used to further advance the practice of precision medicine.
Precision medicine allows doctors to determine treatments that are likely more effective for individuals, taking into account their genetics. Although this approach to medicine is not new, advances in research have significantly fast tracked the progress of it.
A set of core values is guiding the development and implementation of the All of Us Research Program:
- Participation is open to all.
- Participants reflect the rich diversity of the U.S.
- Participants are partners.
- Participants have access to their information.
- Data will be accessed broadly for research purposes.
- Security and privacy will be of highest importance.
- The program will be a catalyst for positive change in research.
To learn more about All of Us, view this video or visit the website.
Like NNLM SCR on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
View all posts by nnlmscr