Happy Fall Holidays
Posted by nnlmscr on October 26th, 2017
Posted in: Blog, Community Engagement, Consumer Health
“Large harvested pumpkins” by Aaron Burden via Unsplash
Happy Halloween! Here are health and safety tips for the big day, courtesy of the CDC:
- Provide healthier treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks.
- Offer a variety of fruits and vegetables if you have guests over.
- Use party games and trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could cause someone to fall.
- Keep candle-lit jack o’lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely. For more tips, go to the CDC’s Halloween health page
Like NNLM SCR on Facebook and like us on Twitter.
View all posts by nnlmscr