The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association Professional Development Committee is pleased to announce the continuing education courses scheduled for the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Registration is not yet open–we are sharing the courses for your planning purposes. Course times and costs are listed on the CE portion of the meeting website – http://www.macmla2010.org/
All CE courses will be held on Wednesday, October 13, 2010.
Courses may be canceled if there is not sufficient enrollment.
Member rates are available to members in good standing of MAC, other MLA chapters, and ANCHASL.
Courses at the Friday Center
* Promoting Effective Use of E-resources – 8 hrs – Barbie E.Keiser, Inc.
* Health Information Literacy & Libraries – 4 hrs – Kay Hogan Smith
* Grants and Proposal Writing – 4 hrs – Sheila Snow-Croft
* The Librarian as a Professional, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Complexity – 4 hrs – Jerry Perry
Hands-on Courses at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Courses will take place at the Health Sciences Library at UNC-CH.
Transportation assistance will be provided for those who need it.
* Technology Planning for Health Sciences Librarians – 6 hrs – Wallace McLendon and Bart Ragon -This project has been funded in whole or in part with federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, under Contract No NO1-LM-6-3502
* Asking the Right Questions: Data Collection for HealthInformation Outreach – 4 hrs – Cynthia Olney
* Finding Information in Numbers and Words: Data Analysis forHealth Information Outreach – 4 hrs – Cynthia Olney
For more information on the courses, see http://www.macmla2010.org/