Groups Release Online Health IT Toolkit for Rural Health Providers
Posted by SEA Currents Posted in: All Posts
The Rural Assistance Center and the National Rural Health Resources Center recently announced the release of an online health IT toolkit aimed at helping rural health care providers plan and implement health IT projects, AHA News reports.
HHS’ Office of Rural Health Policy provided funding to support the development of the online toolkit (AHA News, 1/27).
The toolkit offers resources on:
- The planning, setup, implementation and maintenance of health IT systems;
- How to find health IT training programs, management expertise and funding support; and
- The meaningful use program.
Under the 2009 federal economic stimulus package, health care providers who demonstrate meaningful use of certified electronic health records can qualify for Medicaid and Medicare incentive payments.
Goals of Toolkit
The toolkit aims to help rural communities:
- Address hurdles to raising capital for health IT projects;
- Improve community college-based health IT training programs;
- Obtain federal resources to support health IT initiatives; and
- Stay informed about health IT policy (RAC release, 1/26).
Read more: http://www.ihealthbeat.org/articles/2012/1/31/groups-release-online-health-it-toolkit-for-rural-health-providers.aspx#ixzz1lAGwQOUr
Resource Links: http://www.raconline.org/collaborate/pr_hittoolk