National Network of Libraries of Medicine Acronym Guide
Posted by Tony Nguyen on June 23rd, 2017
Posted in: Blog
At the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) , we use several acronyms to describe many of the national and regional offices and services available. Below is a brief guide of the acronyms.
National Network of Libraries of Medicine – NNLM
- NTO – NNLM Training Office
- NEO – NNLM Evaluation Office
- NDCO – NNLM DOCLINE Coordination Office
- NPHCO – NNLM Public Health Coordination Office and related to PHDL (Public Health Digital Library)
- NWSO – NNLM Web Services Office
NNLM Regional Offices
- SEA – Southeastern/Atlantic Regional Office
- MAR – Middle Atlantic Regional Office
- GMR – Greater Midwest Regional Office
- MCR – MidContinental Regional Office
- SCR – South Central Regional Office
- PNR – Pacific Northwest Regional Office
- PSR – Pacific Southwest Regional Office
- NER – Northeast Regional Office
NNLM Services and Resources
Along with acronyms from NNLM, there are several often mentioned from the National Institutes of Health.
Below are several often mentioned within the NNLM SEA Weekly Digest E-mails.
- NIH – National Institutes of Health
- NLM – National Library of Medicine
- NCBI – National Center for Biotechnology Information
- BD2K – Big Data to Knowledge
Please let us know if there is an acronym you see from NNLM that you would like to know! We will update this list as you and others inquire with questions about an acronym.
ABOUT Tony Nguyen
View all posts by Tony Nguyen