NNLM SEA Digest News – September 8, 2017
Posted by Tony Nguyen on September 8th, 2017
Posted in: All Posts
Welcome to the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), Southeastern/Atlantic (SEA) Region’s Weekly Digest. This digest includes upcoming events, online training opportunities, news, and past events.
Top Items of Interest
National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) News
Upcoming Online Training Opportunities*
Asynchronous Online Course – Moodle LMS
Webinars September 11-15
Webinars September 18-22
- GMR: I’m a Librarian, Not a Doctor! Providing Health Information to Public Library Customers (September 18, 2:30-4 PM ET)
- NTO: PubMed for Librarians: Using Evidence-Based Search Features (September 19, 1-2:30 PM ET)
- MCR: Beyond Books: Public Libraries Address the Social Determinants of Health (September 20, 12 PM ET/10 AM MT)
- NTO: 5 Clinical Questions You Can Answer with NCBI Databases (GTR, ClinVar, MedGen) (September 20, 1 PM ET)
- PNR: Health Reference and You: ALA Guidelines, Best Practices, and Training Resources (September 20, 1 PM PT/4 PM ET)
- SCR: Are You Ready? Essential Disaster Health Information Resources for Keeping Your Loved Ones Safe (September 21, 11 AM CT/12 PM ET)
- NTO: PubMed for Librarians: Customization with My NCBI (September 21, 1-2:30 PM ET)
Webinars September 25-29
In addition to the webinars listed, the NNLM Public Health Coordination Office provides webinars for subscribers to the Digital Library. You can attend a Quick Starter Course or attend a Drop-In Session.
Recordings Available on YouTube
National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Library of Medicine (NLM), and National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) News
Focus on Data
Focus on Precision Medicine
Focus on Substance Use Disorder
NNLM SEA Communications
* Notes on NNLM Training Opportunities
- All sessions listed below are sponsored by a specific regional or national office, but open to all.
- Webinars are scheduled for 1 hour unless otherwise noted.
- The NNLM class registration system requires a free NNLM accountprior to registration.
- Visit the NNLM Training Opportunitiesto register and view a full calendar of training opportunities.
- Please visit the NNLM Acronym Guideto understand the acronyms.
- Refer to this guide to claim MLA CE credit.
ABOUT Tony Nguyen
View all posts by Tony Nguyen