Professional Development Award Recipients Announced
Posted by Tony Nguyen on June 7th, 2018
Posted in: Funding
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), Southeastern/Atlantic (SEA) Region is pleased to announce the recipients of the Professional Development Award. The purpose of this award is to strengthen the professional knowledge and experience of individual network members to improve access to health information for healthcare providers and consumers and to build professional capacity in support of the goals of the NNLM.
Current recipients of the award are:
Georgia Health Sciences Library Association
- Project Manager: Carolann Curry, GHSLA Continuing Education Chair
- Budget: $1,500
- Project Description: This award will be used to support an in-person CE training on systematic reviews to members of GHSLA to help with developing and managing a systematic review service and matching review type to research questions.
Humanity Road, Boydton, VA
- Project Manager: Cat Graham, Chief Operations Officer
- Budget: $1,474.30
- Project Description: The project will be used to conduct public education outreach to Increase awareness and use of NLM information resources, and establish the local library and the NLM as a primary source for reliable and authenticated content by training the public in the use of medical information resources.
MLA Mid-Atlantic Chapter
- Project Managers: Roger Russell, Chair, MAC Professional Development Committee & Emilie Ludeman, Co-Chair MAC Annual Meeting Planning Committee
- Budget: $3,000
- Project Description: This project will be used to support travel expenses for the MAC Annual Meeting for MLA CE classes and also support the leadership panel planned during the Annual Meeting.
Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- Project Manager: Lindsay Blake, Chair Elect, Program Chair of Southern Chapter/MLA
- Budget: $4,500
- Project Description: This project will be used to support the travel expenses for guest speakers at the Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual meeting covering topics on Data, Diversity and Inclusion, and challenges for academic and hospital libraries in the future.
Please take a moment to congratulate this year’s Professional Development awardees! Currently funds are still available for the Professional Development Award. This award will remain open until funds are depleted. Apply while funds are still available!
ABOUT Tony Nguyen
View all posts by Tony Nguyen