Join the Emergency Preparedness Regional Advisory Committee
Posted by SEA Currents on October 3rd, 2018
Posted in: Emergency Preparedness and Response
The Emergency Preparedness Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) is a standing committee of the NNLM SEA regional advisory structure. The committee is comprised of a representative from each state/territory in the region. Committee members will be appointed by the SEA executive director to a three year term. The committee will meet virtually and communicate via e-mail to conduct business.
The Emergency Preparedness RAC will provide leadership in promoting emergency preparedness, continuity of service and follow-up reporting for events. Committee members will:
- Assist the SEA with developing and implementing a regional emergency preparedness plan to ensure continuity of service for Network members.
- Serve as regional coordinators for emergency preparedness activities in the state:
- Promote emergency preparedness in individual libraries and the state
- When necessary, work as part of the regional emergency team to ensure continuation of services and recovery to affected Network member(s) in the state.
- Provide the SEA office with follow-up and reporting of events following a disaster to include a description of the incident, the response, follow-up activities, and lessons learned.
- Recommend improvements and new avenues for the SEA to promote and deliver emergency preparedness/disaster recovery support to Network members
To volunteer or to nominate yourself to participate, please contact Tony Nguyen, Executive Director by October 31, 2018