Upcoming MeSH Webinars: 2019 Highlights and PubMed Searching in January 2019
Posted by elizabethwaltman on December 12th, 2018
Posted in: Continuing Education
Please join the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Training Office for two events in January 2019, introducing you to 2019 Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) and teaching you how to adjust to MeSH changes in your PubMed searches and alerts. Registration is required (see below).
- NLM Webinar: 2019 MeSH Highlights
Join NLM staff for a highlight tour of the 2019 Medical Subject Headings (MeSH). A 20-minute presentation will feature:
- Addition of systematic reviews publication type
- Additional clinical trial publication types
- Subheading changes for manpower, secretion, and utilization
- Additional terminology for data, neoplasms, and other topics.
Following the presentation, Indexing and MeSH experts will be available to answer your questions.
Date and time: Friday, January 4, 2019, 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST
To register: https://nnlm.gov/class/2019-mesh-highlights/9152
- NNLM Webinar: MeSH Changes and PubMed Searching
Every year, the Medical Subject Headings are updated. Join us for “MeSH Changes and PubMed Searching” to learn:
- How does this affect your PubMed searches?
- What happens when a term gets changed, or added, or removed; or moved to a different part of the MeSH hierarchy?
- How do you accommodate vocabulary changes over time in your comprehensive searches?
- How do you check your saved searches and alerts?
This class includes some content from the class Advanced PubMed: MeSH
Date and time: Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST
To register: https://nnlm.gov/class/mesh-changes-and-pubmed-searching/9145
For more information about 2019 MeSH, see MEDLINE Data Changes – 2019 and What’s New in MeSH.
View all posts by elizabethwaltman