Seeking News Following Tornadoes in Alabama and Georgia
Posted by Tony Nguyen on March 4th, 2019
Posted in: Emergency Preparedness and Response
Healthcare Ready RxOpen is activated for Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Use the map to find open pharmacies in areas impacted by the tornado outbreak. http://rxopen.org
A devastating series of tornadoes ripped through Alabama on Sunday, killing at least 23 people in one county. It is impossible for NNLM SEA to know which of our network members have suffered loss or damages based upon news reports.
- Have you, your library or organization experienced ill effects from the tornadoes?
- Is there good news after the tornadoes that you would like to share with our network members?
A number of resources from the National Library of Medicine are available:
Disaster Information Management Research Center (DIMRC):
- Health Information Guides on topics including floods, tornadoes, and fires and wildfires.
- Health information guides on infectious diseases including emerging infectious diseases and Pandemic Influenza
- Disaster Recovery
- Children in Disasters
- Pregnant Women in Disasters
- Ethics in Disaster Medicine
- Disaster Lit: Database for Disaster Medicine and Public Health
- Disaster Apps for Your Digital Go Bag, including LibraryFloodsby NLM
- Disaster Information Specialist Program
We would like to hear from you! Please e-mail our office at e-mail HSHSL-NLMsea@hshsl.umaryland.edu, or share in the comments section of this post. Let us know; we want to hear from you!
ABOUT Tony Nguyen
View all posts by Tony Nguyen