NLM SEA Funding Announcement: Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Project Awards
Posted by SEA Currents on December 2nd, 2019
Posted in: Emergency Preparedness and Response, Funding
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SEA) seeks applications to support Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Projects. The purpose of the Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Award is to enable organization to address all phases of disaster management; including preparedness, mitigation, recovery, and response with the aid of information resources available from the National Library of Medicine and/or the NIH. A disaster is defined as an incident that has become so severe that it cannot be controlled or fully addressed by local resources.
Projects are encouraged to incorporate one or more of the following:
- Increase access to high quality biomedical and health information
- Improve the use of technology for health information access, especially to underserved and underrepresented populations
- Improve access to library and information services
- Prepare organizations to effectively prepare for and/or respond to disasters using evidence-based practices
- Integrate and promote NLM’s disaster-related resources, services, and tools into educational program or continuity plans
- Enhance disaster preparedness through education, programming, and partnerships
- Develop solutions and mechanisms that support the continuity of health information-based services
- Train individuals, professionals, and communities to effectively find authoritative disaster health information
- Encourage collaboration between libraries, community, faith-based, and volunteer organizations, hospitals, and first responders to develop programs or engage in joint exercises that enhance coordination of resources in response to a disaster
- Projects that include a biomedical information or health literacy component must incorporate National Library of Medicine resources, like PubMed, CLinicalTrials.gov, or MedlinePlus. You can refer to the NLM list of Databases, Resources, and APIs for a complete overview of resources by topic.
Amount: Up to $5,000
Awards Available: Up to ten (10) Project Awards
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 5, 2020, 11:30 PM ET
SEA staff are available for consultations. Please email NNLM SEA to schedule an appointment.
Please visit the Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Project Award for details regarding the award, eligibility, and to access the application.