Deadline Extended: NNLM SEA 2020-2021 Funded Project Awards
Posted by elizabethwaltman on December 10th, 2020
Posted in: Funding
The National Network of Library of Medicine (NNLM), Southeastern Atlantic Region (SEA) invites applications for health information outreach and virtual programming projects.
The mission of the NNLM is to advance the progress of medicine, improve public health by providing U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information, and improve individuals’ access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health. Under a cooperative agreement with the National Library of Medicine (NLM), the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HS/HSL) serves as the Regional Medical Library for NNLM SEA.
Visit the SEA Funding Opportunities page for details on all available project awards.
- Period of Performance: December 1, 2020 – April 30, 2021
- Application Due Date: January 11, 2021 4:00 PM CDT
- Refer to the SEA Funding Toolkit to help you develop your proposal.
- Applications are only accepted via the NNLM Online Applications System. Please allow extra time to familiarize yourself with the new system requirements and watch a brief video tutorial about submitting an application.
- Your NNLM Account MUST be tied to the correct Institutional Organization in order to apply for a project award.
- Academic Institutions: Please consult with your Sponsored Programs Office prior to applying for any project award. If your Sponsored Programs Office insists on submitting an application, they must create an NNLM Account prior to the submission deadline.
All award proposals are accepted via an online form linked from the award description. Please read the description/requirements of the award and the evaluation criteria. Some awards are eligible for IDC, and all funds must be spent by April 30, 2021. For 2020-2021, the project award categories include:
- COVID-19 Health Information Outreach: ($18,975/award) Enable organizations to develop and offer programs that will increase access to and use of authoritative health information resources on that will impact health literacy and health information needs related to the COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 global pandemic in the SEA Region.
- Health Programming in Public Libraries: ($22,900/award) Engage public libraries in health literacy initiatives that raise awareness of and interest in All of Usacross the United States.
NNLM SEA staff are available for consultation and training on applicable NLM resources and potential projects. Someone will respond within three business days.
View all posts by elizabethwaltman