New NNLM On-Demand Course: Consumer Health Collection Management
Posted by elizabethwaltman on January 11th, 2021
Posted in: Consumer Health, Continuing Education
Consumer Health Collection Management is a 4 credit, on demand course taught in Moodle.
This course reviews collection management principles and resources for health-related collections in public libraries. Watch a recorded presentation and complete 2 assignments to evaluate your own library’s health collection, and consider how you can improve your health related materials to better serve your community. This class includes a downloadable list of authoritative health information resources in both .html and .docx formats that you can customize for your library.
Learners will be able to:
- Assess the quality of their library’s current health information materials and identify any collection gaps
- Identify quality health information resources online, in print, and other formats when conducting health information reference
- Select authoritative health information resources, in a variety of formats, for their library’s collection while meeting the needs of their community
- Explain and provide justification of the library’s health information collection
- Consider including health related things that can be offered for lending in their library
To register, visit the course page at: https://nnlm.gov/Zuz
View all posts by elizabethwaltman