Upcoming NNLM Class Beginning February 15th: Big Data in Healthcare
Posted by elizabethwaltman on February 8th, 2021
Posted in: Continuing Education, Data Science
Description: This course will help health sciences librarians better understand the issues of big data in clinical outcomes and what roles health sciences librarians can take on in this service area.
Dates: This class will be taught in Moodle February 15, 2021 – March 26, 2021.
Course Expectations: To complete this course for 6 hours of MLA contact hours, participants are expected to:
- Spend approximately 1 hour completing the work within each module.
- Commit to complete all activities and articulate your views within each module.
- Complete course requirements by the deadline established in each module.
- Provide course feedback on the Online Course Evaluation Form
Objectives: Students who successfully complete the course will:
- Explain the role big data plays in clinical patient outcomes.
- Explain current/potential roles in which librarians are supporting big data initiatives
- Illustrate the fundamentals of big data from a systems perspective
- Articulate their views/options on the role health sciences sector librarians is in supporting big data initiatives
This is a Medical Library Association approved course that will earn students 6 contact hours.
View all posts by elizabethwaltman