Hospital Libraries Advisory Group Meeting, June 9th
Posted by Margot M on May 4th, 2022
Posted in: Communities of Interest
ClinicalTrials.gov, DOCLINE, hospital librarians, hospital library advisory group
Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital, NY
On Thu, June 9th, we will be hosting our Hospital Libraries Advisory Group Annual Meeting. Registration is open.
This virtual meeting will be held at 10:00am ET. Registration is limited to folks working in Region 7. If you work outside of Region 7, contact Margot Malachowski at the email address link below. She will send you login details. The focus of this group will be the needs of hospital librarians in CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, RI, and VT.
The brief agenda:
- 20 minute presentation on DOCLINE audit for libraries providing Rush and Urgent Patient Care requests.
- 20 minute breakout session on continuing education needs of hospital librarians. Potential topics: supporting hospital patient care, facilitating medical/nursing continuing education, instructional design for librarians.
- 20 minute group discussion on continuing education needs.
ClinicalTrials.gov Webinar on International Clinical Trials Day!
May 20th is International Clinical Trials Day! Need a refresher on the ClinicalTrials.gov database? Register now for the upcoming webinar on May 20, 2022 at 2:00pm ET.
ClinicalTrials.gov is the openly available federal registry and results database of publicly and privately funded clinical studies conducted in the United States and around the world. This class is eligible for Consumer Health Information Specialization continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association.
- Learn about the significance of ClinicalTrials.gov
- Search and interpret the results database
- Be informed about the number of study records with results
- Learn how health sciences librarians can advocate to clinical researchers the importance of complying with the results submission requirements mandated by federal law
ABOUT Margot M
View all posts by Margot M