Coming Soon! NNLM Region 5: Year 2 Funding Opportunities
Posted by Michele Spatz on February 3rd, 2022
Posted in: Blog, Digital Health Literacy, Funding, Health Literacy, Health Misinformation, News from NNLM Region 5, Public Health, Technology
environmental health, Funding, health information, health literacy, NNLM Region 5, outreach
We are excited to share that NNLM Region 5 will soon announce NEW funding opportunities to support Region 5 member organization projects conducted between May 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023.
Our new awards will include:
- Health Information Outreach Subaward: a minimum of 1 award for up to $25,000;
- Express Outreach Awards Addressing Environmental Health Justice: a minimum of 2 awards for up to $5,000 each;
- Express Outreach Awards Addressing Health Misinformation: a minimum of 3 awards for up to $5,000 each;
- Express Outreach Awards Addressing Technology Equity: a minimum of 2 awards for up to $5,000 each
Interested? Here are a few tips to help you get ready to apply for an award:
- Make sure your organization is an NNLM Region 5 member (it’s free!). Locate your organizations’ NNLM ID using the NNLM membership directory. If you need help, please contact Emily Hamstra, Region 5 Outreach & Access Coordinator at: email@example.com
- Make sure your institution has a Tax ID number AND a DUNS/UEI number. If you don’t have one, you can apply for one here.
Timeline for our upcoming awards cycle:
- February 15, 2022: the Request for Applications (RFAs) are posted to nnlm.gov/funding with detailed instructions.
- March 15, 2022: an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intent to apply for one of the NNLM Region 5 awards is due by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- April 12, 2022: Application deadline. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
Questions? We’re here to help!
ABOUT Michele Spatz
Michele is the NNLM Region 5 Outreach and Engagement Coordinator. She has extensive experience providing consumer health information and a passion for health literacy. Michele truly believes, "Because of you, Libraries Transform.®"
Visit author's website
View all posts by Michele Spatz