NLM Traveling Exhibits: Submit Your Request
Posted by Carolyn Martin on November 9th, 2022
Posted in: News from NLM
NLM History of Medicine, NLM Traveling Exhibits
The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM)has opened the Call for Requests for NLM Traveling Exhibitions! Please submit your requests online using this NLM Traveling Exhibition Request Form by 2:00 p.m. ET, November 29, 2022.
The online form enables you to:
- view all available exhibition titles and booking slots during April 2023–October 2024,
- specify up to three exhibition and booking slot preferences—one to be booked if the lottery selects your request, and
- submit one request to the lottery for selecting exhibition bookings.
Please bookmark and visit the NNLM Traveling Exhibitions webpage to access links to the traveling exhibition pages and the online request form when you are ready to submit your requests.
For now, here are the seven titles available for requests. Please visit their traveling exhibition web pages to find exhibition-specific details, such as the number, weight, and dimensions of each exhibition’s shipping container.
- Confronting Violence: Improving Women’s Lives (6 banners)
- Confronting Violence: Improving Women’s Lives/Enfrentando La Violencia: mejorando la vida de las mujeres (bilingual 12 banners)
- Fire and Freedom: Food and Enslavement in Early America (6 banners)
- For All the People: A Century of Citizen Action in Health Care Reform (6 banners)
- For All the People: A Century of Citizen Action in Health Care Reform/Para todo el pueblo: Un siglo de acción ciudadana en la reforma de la atención de la salud (bilingual 12 banners)
- Life and Limb: The Toll of the American Civil War (6 banners)
- Physician Assistants: Collaboration and Care (6 banners)
Join the Making Exhibition Connections listserv to learn about future announcements.
These exhibits are a wonderful way to collaborate with local organizations such as a schools, social services, historical society, or health agency. It provides ways to bring awareness, educate, and connect with those in your community.
Please email the NLM traveling exhibition services team with questions at NLMTravelingExhibits@nih.gov
ABOUT Carolyn Martin
Carolyn Martin is the Outreach and Education Coordinator for the NNLM Region 5. She works with various libraries and community organizations to increase health literacy in their communities.
View all posts by Carolyn Martin