So you want to be an outreach librarian? Spotlight on Heidi Marleau
Posted by Jacqueline Leskovec on December 19th, 2017
Posted in: Outreach, Partner Outreach Libraries
Next up in our spotlight on Partner Outreach Librarians is Heidi Marleau. Heidi is one of the GMR’s Partner Outreach librarians from Wisconsin who conducts outreach on behalf of the GMR, presenting educational sessions on National Library of Medicine resources. See our website to learn more about our Partner Outreach Libraries.
Name: Heidi Marleau
Title: Associate Director, Ebling Library, UWisc-Madison
Our five questions:
- How long have you been in the role of an outreach librarian? 5 years
- How did you get involved in outreach? Due to a change in staff duties, we needed a new outreach coordinator and it was good fit for me.
- What is the favorite outreach project that you’ve done so far? I like to make a difference in high school student’s lives when they visit the library to do research.
- What outreach activity do you hope to do in the future? I would like to be invited to work with our Pediatrics department Summer Scholar’s program which introduces research techniques to high school students.
- What is the one thing you wished you had known before you got started in outreach? That unfortunately public health professionals are extremely busy people so although they have a lot to benefit from our resources, they may not have time to learn about and access them.
ABOUT Jacqueline Leskovec
Jacqueline Leskovec, MLIS, MA, RN is the Network Librarian for NNLM GMR. She is the lead for the Partner Outreach Library Program, Network membership and user accounts, and the GMR website. She has been with the Network since 2005. In addition to being a health sciences librarian, Jacqueline maintains her license as a registered nurse. She telecommutes from her home office in Chicago and attends on-site meetings regularly. She is well acquainted with power tools and will be happy to bore you with details of her many home repair and remodel adventures.
View all posts by Jacqueline Leskovec