Welcome to Our New POP Ambassadors
Posted by Jacqueline Leskovec on September 13th, 2021
Posted in: Blog
Region 6 is proud to announce the launch of our Partner Outreach Program (POP). The purpose of the NNLM Region 6 Partner Outreach Program 2021 is to support health equity by providing health information access throughout Region 6 by the formation and practice of the Partner Outreach Program.
POP objectives include the following:
- Provide health information resources and training to underserved and underrepresented groups, including tribal communities and institutions, that are priority populations of the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Act as ambassadors for NNLM services and resources, communicating health information needs to the RML, and work with the RML in remediation of those needs, whether through direct training or utilizing a train-the-trainer model.
- Act as a field force in their state to identify potential partners for outreach.
Built upon the successful Partner Outreach Library (POL) program of the previous Cooperative Agreement with the National Library of Medicine, POP is intended to fund small outreach events within the POP organization’s state. The period of performance is 01 October 2021 – 30 April 2022.
The following organizations will be working as POP ambassadors throughout the Region:
- Cedar Falls Public Library (IA)
- Ebling Library, University of Wisconsin-Madison (WI)
- Fox River Valley Public Library District (IL)
- Geneseo Public Library District (IL)
- Medical College of Wisconsin (WI)
- Northeast Ohio Black Health Coalition (OH)
- Plan A Inc (OH)
- Restored Visions (OH)
- Ruth Lilly Medical Library, Indiana University School of Medicine (IU)
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Medical Library (IL)
- The Ohio State University Health Sciences Library (OH)
- University of Cincinnati Health Sciences Library (OH)
- University of Illinois Chicago – Library of the Health Sciences (IL)
- University of Iowa – Hardin Library for the Health Sciences (IA)
- University of Minnesota Health Sciences Library (MN)
Congratulations to our new POP ambassadors for 2021-2022. To learn more about POP, please see the Statement of Purpose.
ABOUT Jacqueline Leskovec
Jacqueline Leskovec, MLIS, MA, RN (she/her) is the Network Coordinator for NNLM Region 6. She is the lead for the Partner Outreach Program (POP), Network membership and user accounts, the Data Reporting System (DRS), and the Region 6 website. She has been with the Network since 2005. In addition to being a health sciences librarian, Jacqueline maintains her license as a registered nurse. She works from her home office in Chicago. She is well acquainted with power tools and will be happy to bore you with details of her many home repair and remodel adventures.
View all posts by Jacqueline Leskovec