Health in Focus: Black Birth Workers
Posted by Kathy Downing on April 5th, 2022
Posted in: Blog
To recognize Black Maternal Health Week, a nationally recognized observance week held from April 11 – April 17, 2022, the NNLM and All of Us are organizing a webinar on Health in Focus: Black Birth Workers. This virtual presentation will feature Tay Amari Little and her client Destine Price and will take place on Wednesday, April 13th, 2022 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT.
Participants will learn:
- What is a Black Birth worker?
- What are the experiences of Black Birth Workers and their clients?
- How can working with a birth worker as a compliment to hospital medicine or care?
- How is community medicine tied to social justice and equity?
- Library Workers
- Public Health Workers
- Health Professionals (Nurses, Medical Students, Family Medicine, OBGYN)
- People considering using a Birth Worker
- Those interested in alternatives to traditional hospital services
- Those interested in maternal health, especially Black Maternal Health
The program is free. You can learn more and register at https://nnlm.gov/training/class/health-focus-black-birth-workers
ABOUT Kathy Downing
Kathy Downing is the Public Health Digital Library Coordinator for the NNLM Public Health Coordination Office.
View all posts by Kathy Downing